When we think about launching a sales-oriented advertising campaign, at first, we think about Facebook or Google, but … today we present to you Amazon Advertising (Amazon ad services), and we recommend that you add it to your list of priorities.
What is Amazon Advertising, and why should you use it?
Amazon Advertising or Amazon Ad Service is a pay-per-click advertising system through which advertisers can choose different locations for their ads with different audience segmentation options. This allows them to reach the ideal target audience for their brand or company.
Amazon is the largest shopping platform in the world, with more than 300 million active users. In case this is not enough, here are some reasons why you should use this advertising platform:
- It facilitates the relationship between the company and client, allowing you to build an active and loyal audience.
- It helps you target your preferred audiences.
- It offers metrics that help you plan and optimize your marketing strategy.
What options does Amazon Advertising offer us?
To reach your customers on Amazon, you can choose from the following types of ads offered by the platform:
- Sponsored Ads
- Featured Ads (Sponsored Brands)
- Display ads
- Video ads
- Custom Ads
- Amazon DSP
These ads are aimed at generating sales through keywords that exist within the search results. This format helps users reach you while they are searching and looking at products of a specific niche.
Launching a sponsored ads campaign is very simple. You have to perform three simple steps:
- Select your product(s).
- Set a daily budget.
- Add your keywords and offers.
Advantages of using sponsored ads:
- Only pay for results: You will only pay when the user clicks on the ad, which allows you to easily control your campaign budget.
- Amazon suggests keywords to bid.
- You can change the keywords and adjust the bids as many times as you wish. This will optimize your results more efficiently.
These ads are aimed at generating sales and brand awareness through keywords, but be careful about the search results. The operation of these ads is that each time the ad wins the bid, it will appear at the top of the page. Generally, they are used for branding.
To launch a campaign of featured ads, the following steps must be followed:
- Select a landing page
- Set a campaign budget
- Add your keywords and offers
- Add an image and a headline that explains the offer
Stores offer you the possibility of creating your own website on Amazon, with your own brand URL, where you can sell your products and direct traffic.
Advantages of using Amazon stores:
- The user’s shopping experience is much more satisfactory, as it helps them find your products in a simpler way, as well as related products and recommended products through Amazon.
- You do not have to be an expert in programming. It is so simple that you can promote your products through multimedia content and text without much help.
- Since your store will have a unique Amazon URL, you can direct traffic through ads on and off the platform.
It shows these types of ads according to the user’s interests. They usually appear on pages that are very much related to your product. They are best considered for upselling (channeling of the competition).
To make a Display ad campaign, you will have to:
- Choose a way to reach your target audience, either by a product or by interest.
- Select your product.
- Choose a campaign budget and an offer to go along with it.
- Add your logo and a headline.
Advantages of using display ads:
- Enhanced reach: You can reach customers both within Amazon and outside of it.
- Different possibilities in creative formats: These creatives offer great visual appeal. This is how you can help your customers visit your ad.
- Hearings based on buying behavior.
This Amazon Ad service allows you to generate ads for the Amazon platform as well as the internet through a video format.
Advantages of using video ads:
- Greater reach: It is a visually appealing ad that allows you to reach relevant audiences.
- It influences the behavior of consumers on Amazon.
- Appear in safe environments: Amazon guarantees you trusted environments both on and off its platform.
They offer attractive and innovative experiences to try to capture the attention of the target audience. For example, live events. Custom ads require working with an ad advisor.
It is a programmatic buying platform that allows you to reach different audiences, both through the direct inventory of Amazon itself and to an external inventory thanks to advertising agreements with third parties and connection with ad exchanges.
Advantages of using Amazon DSP:
- Possibility of using exclusive audiences. Advertisers will be able to choose different locations to show their ads with different audience segmentation options, which will allow you to reach your ideal target market.
- Access to a single quality inventory. Advertisers can address their audiences programmatically on both Amazon’s own platform as well as a third-party inventory.
- Security. To ensure brand safety, Amazon conducts periodic manual reviews to maintain quality standards.
Online advertising campaigns through Amazon Ad services will give you and your product a boost that will be beneficial for you in the long run.
Today, the giants of online advertising are still advertising through Google and Facebook, but Amazon is one platform that should not be neglected. Supporting this claim is the second quarter of 2018, which registered an income of two million dollars in online advertising, further solidifying Amazon as the third most-used digital advertising platform in the United States.
Arsalan is the Founder of Agmus Media. He is the leading the team of Facebook and Google Ads. In his spare time he loves playing PC Games.